Dear Clay Lamberton Families,
The dog days of summer are certainly upon us, and I hope this communication finds you well! As the BASD leadership team continues to prepare for returning to school in the fall, we have made plans for getting an accurate understanding of the academic strengths and needs of your child.
Each year, your child takes a reading and math assessment called i-Ready within the first month of school. The information we gather from this assessment informs us of individual student needs. Given the current educational landscape and how school was left in the spring of 2020, it is imperative we assess students early to maximize the days of instruction when students return to school in the fall. Therefore, we are going to complete the i-Ready assessment prior to school starting. We will be scheduling students to come into school July 20th through July 23rd, and August 3rd through August 7th, each day for a one-hour time slot between 10:00 am - 6:00 pm to complete the i-Ready assessment.
Your child will need to complete TWO assessments; one reading assessment, and one math assessment. Therefore, you will need to schedule TWO one-hour time slots for your child to complete both assessments. Please use THIS LINK to schedule your child’s assessments.
To ensure the health and safety of students and staff, we will be enforcing the following guidelines:
- Staff overseeing the assessments will be wearing masks.
- Students will wear masks upon entering the building and exiting the building. While taking the assessments, students will be allowed to remove their masks.
- Students will sit at tables placed 6 feet apart or at desks in the large gym.
- Students will rotate through Chromebooks and they will be thoroughly disinfected after each use.
- Staff will meet students at Door #2 and show them to their testing location. Parents/guardians will need to remain outside of the building until their student has completed the testing. If needed, staff will walk students out to be picked up by parents/guardians.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Director of Elementary Education