Frequently Asked Questions

Last Updated: 8/12/2021 4:49 PM

What are the school hours?
7:50 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.

What are the Main Office hours? 
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

How do Wednesday late starts work?
Please check BASD's late start page for more on late start scheduling and transportation.

What is the Visitor Sign-In Procedure? 
All visitors must come to the Main Entrance on Memorial Drive to sign in. All Visitors will be asked to sign-in on the computer, and wear a visitor sticker. When you leave the building, visitors must sign-out in the Main Office.

What phone number do I call if my child will be absent from school?
Please call 920-361-2441 before 7:50 am. It is very important to call prior to 7:50 am. so that teachers can be advised of student absences. Be sure to indicate your child's first and last name and date and time of absence.

How do I update my contact information? 
Please call the school office at 920-361-2441 ext 4001 or 4002

How do I dismiss my child during school hours?
It is in the best interest of your child's education to schedule your child's doctor, dental and other appointments after school hours. If this is not possible, please send your child with a note to the main office, or call the office at 920-361-2441 before 7:50 am, indicating the reason for dismissal and at what time someone will be picking up your student.

How do I enroll my child at the middle school? 
Please visit the registration page for more information.

Can I email the school about my child's absence?
Families can email the school office to report student absences. Please contact Marcia Okon at 
or Nicki Faulkner at 

Health Question 1: Can the school provide my child with a pain reliever?
No. Under no circumstances will school personnel provide aspirin or other over-the-counter medication without a properly filed Request for Administration of Medication form

Where can I find the required forms for over-the-counter or prescription medications including inhalers and epinephrine? 
All of our forms are located on the Forms page of the district office. Forms are also available in the Middle School office. Please contact the office at 920-361-2441 for additional information.

Do I need to purchase a lock for my child's locker? 
The school provides a lock for each student locker. These locks are keyed for administration to open at any time. 

What school supplies are needed?
School supply lists vary by grade and exploratory courses.

What if I can't afford a field trip fee, instrument rental, athletic fee, or other school-related expense?
There are often scholarships and other supports available to help families with such school-related expenses. Please contact the middle school office or School Social Worker Carrie McCarthy for more information.

Where is the lost and found located?
Lost and found is located across from the fitness center. Please check for missing items regularly. Unclaimed items are donated to charities on a periodic basis throughout the year.

Where can I learn more about school activities taking place in school? 
Students should listen for the daily announcements. A monthly parent newsletter is also published.  We encourage all of our students to be involved at Berlin Middle School. Please visit the activities and athletics section of our websites for more information.

How do I apply for a work permit?
Work permits for 12 to 15-year-olds as required by the Wisconsin Department of Industry, Labor and Human Relations are available in the Central District Office throughout the year. The office must have the following information in order to issue a work permit:

1. Written request from your prospective employer.
2. Written permission of your parents.
3. A copy of your birth certificate, or baptismal certificate, or driver’s license, or Wisconsin ID card 4. The statutory permit fee is $10.00.
5. Minor's Social Security Card. We encourage parents to carefully monitor the employment schedule or the number of hours their child works, ensuring the opportunity for a successful educational experience. Schoolwork should have priority over all other activities - including work.

Contact Us

Marcia O'Kon
School Secretary
920-361-2441 ext 4001

Nicki Faulkner
School Secretary
920-361-2441 ext 4002