Frequently Asked Questions

Last Updated: 8/18/2021 6:31 PM

What are the school hours?
7:50 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.

What are the Main Office hours? 
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

What time do the doors open? 
7:30 a.m. Students should not be in the building before 7:30 a.m. unless they are with a staff member.

What is the Visitor Sign-In Procedure? 
All visitors must come to the Main Entrance on Memorial Drive to sign in. All Visitors will be asked to sign-in on the computer, and wear a visitor sticker. When you leave the building, visitors must sign-out in the Main Office.

What to do if my child will be absent from school? 
In the event that a student absence is necessary, parents/guardians must contact the school the morning of the absence or send a note in advance of the absences to excuse the absence.

To leave an absence message please call 920-361-2000 dial "1" and listen for the attendance line prompt. Give your child's name, date of absence and reason for the absence. When a student is absent and the parent/guardian has not contacted the school, an automated message will be sent to your designated contact advising of the absence.

How do I get a copy of my transcript? 
Transcripts are processed electronically. Graduates after 2020 can use Xello. Graduates from years 2009-2019 should use the Parchment online transcript ordering system to order transcripts. Ordering transcripts online is safe, efficient, and accurate. The Parchment website accepts requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most requests are processed and received within 48 hours. Most colleges and universities in Wisconsin, as well as many other institutions across the nation, accept and prefer to receive transcripts electronically. (There is a small fee per transcript request.) If you graduated prior to 2009, you can request your transcript from the High School office using this form and dropping it off or mailing it to the Berlin High School Office 222 Memorial Drive Berlin, WI 54923.

When do report cards get sent out? 
Report cards are made available online four times per year (at the midpoint and end of each semester). To find an historical record of all of your child's report cards, login to the web version of PowerSchool (not the app), and select "Student Reports" from the left-hand menu. All grades and fees are also available through PowerSchool. You can check your child's grades throughout the year using your PowerSchool Parent Login.

How do I update my contact information? 
Please call the school office at 920-361-2000 ext 1000, 1020, or 1005.

What is the best way to find out what is going on at the high school? The high school sends out a monthly newsletter. It is sent electronically to every student and their parent(s)/guardian(s). Another great way to stay in touch is by the visiting the website or liking Berlin High School on Facebook. 

How do I enroll my child at the high school? 
Please visit the registration page for more information.

What are graduation requirements? 
Visit our student services website for more information.

What scholarships are available? 
Visit our student services website for more information.

How do I apply for the FAFSA? 
You can visit the FAFSA website for more information.

How can I get help with the FAFSA? 
To get free FAFSA help, visit College Goal Wisconsin.

Health Question 1: Can the school provide my child with a pain reliever?
No. Under no circumstances will school personnel provide aspirin or other over-the-counter medication without a properly filed Request for Administration of Medication form

Health Question 2: Can my child carry his/her own medication at school?
Yes. With a properly filed request for Administration of Medication form, over-the-counter medication and with a properly filed request for Administration of Prescription Medication form, prescription medication may be carried and self-administered by students in grades 9 – 12 with the exception of controlled substance medication.H

How do I order a yearbook or yearbook ad and what are the Senior Photo requirements for the yearbook?
1. You can purchase a yearbook on the Jostens website. Please see the attached flyer for more information.

2. Senior photos can be submitted directly to the Jostens website online. Please review the Senior Portrait requirements before submitting them.

How do I apply for a work permit?
Work permits for 12 to 15-year-olds as required by the Wisconsin Department of Industry, Labor and Human Relations are available in the Central District Office throughout the year. The office must have the following information in order to issue a work permit:

1. Written request from your prospective employer.
2. Written permission of your parents.
3. A copy of your birth certificate, or baptismal certificate, or driver’s license, or Wisconsin ID card 4. The statutory permit fee is $10.00.
5. Minor's Social Security Card. We encourage parents to carefully monitor the employment schedule or the number of hours their child works, ensuring the opportunity for a successful educational experience. School work should have priority over all other activities - including work.

Contact Us

Bryant Bednarek, Principal
920-361-2000 ext 1001

Ben Schmidt, Assistant Principal
920-361-2000 ext 1016

Joe Stellmacher, Athletic Director
920-361-2000 ext 1708

Sarah Judas, Attendance & Registration
920-361-2000 ext 1005

Missy Gravunder, BHS Secretary
920-361-2000 ext 1000

Laura Sobieski, BHS Secretary
920-361-2000 ext 1020

Berlin High School
222 Memorial Drive
Berlin, WI 54923
920-361-2005 (fax)