Pay lunch fees online by clicking the link above.
Clay Lunch Menu
Berlin Middle School Lunch Menu
Berlin High School Lunch Menu
Parents can apply for free and reduced lunch by printing and completing the attached application here.
Food Service FAQs
1. Are meals provided on early release days?
Yes. All students eat lunch prior to leaving for the school day.
2. How much do meals cost at BASD?
- Breakfast (all schools) $1.00
- Lunch (Clay) $2.10, (Middle School) $2.40, and (High School) $2.65
- Snack Milk (Clay Only) $.35/day or $63.00 per year
3. How can I pay for my child's meals?
- You can pay in person using cash or check at your child's school in the office.
- You can lso pay online with a credit/debit card or an electronic check using the school's online payment system RevTrak. You can access the payment system here.
- Once money is loaded onto your child's lunch account, students scan their finger prior to receiving lunch and the money is automatically deducted from their lunch account.
- You can view your child's lunch account balance on the PowerSchool Parent Portal or App or you can call the school for more information.
4. Who is eligible to receive free and reduced lunch at the Berlin Area School District?
- All children in households receiving benefits from FoodShare, The Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)], or W-2 cash benefits are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
- Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart.
4. How do I know if my children qualify as homeless, migrant, or runaway?
Do the members of your household lack a permanent address? Are you staying together in a shelter, hotel, or other temporary housing arrangement? Does your family relocate on a seasonal basis? Are any children living with you who have chosen to leave their prior family or household? If you believe children in your household meet these descriptions and have not been told your children will get free meals, please call or e-mail the district’s liaison Jodi Becker, phone #920-361-2000, Ext. 1009 or email Jodi at email@example.com.
5. Do I need to fill out a Free and Reduced lunch application for each child?
Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to either your children’s school office or to Becky Guden at the District Business Office, 295 E. Marquette St., Berlin, WI 54923
6. My children's application was approved last year, do I need to apply again this year?
Yes. Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year, through October 13, 2016. You must send in a new application unless the school told you that your child is eligible for the new school year. If you do not send in a new application that is approved by the school or you have not been notified that your child is eligible for free meals, your child will be charged the full price for meals.
7. If I don't qualify now, may I apply again later this year?
Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.
8. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?
You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to Dr. Robert Eidahl, 295 E. Marquette St., Berlin, WI 54923; phone #920-361-2004; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
Yes. You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced price meals.
Food Service Director
920-361-2000 ext 1501